Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Les Miserables


I've said a million times before that Coby is the BEST, MOST WONDERFUL, AMAZING husband ever....but tonight....wow....he completely confirmed that he is infact all of the above and more!!!  I've been telling Coby for MONTHS that I wanted to see Les Miserables since it was finally in SLC.  On Mother's Day this year he told me that he was taking me on a trip to see it on Broadway in NYC.  I was super excited.  He told me that he tried to get tickets here, but they were insanely expensive.  Today he told me that he thought it would be fun to "dress up" for dinner since we were going out on Wednesday night instead of our usual Friday Night Date Night.  Then later that day my mom asked me if I had talked to Coby about our date.  I thought that was a little weird...but didn't really give it too much thought.  I got ready...but didn't really dress up.  We had a gift certificate to Simply Sushi and were planning to walk around the "City Center" (Where the old ZCMI was downtown before they tore it down).  When we pulled in to the restaurant, Coby pulled out and decided that we should park further away on the street***.  Another oddity!  He said that he didn't want to get blocked in the parking lot while we were walking the City Center.   Weird!!  When we finally got seated...we had the YUMMIEST sushi.  If you go, the King Kong roll is the BEST!  After dinner we started walking towards our "destination"  when Coby tells me, "Hey...I have some bad news."  I NEVER like when he says that!!  He continues, "I talked to Jeff (his best friend on Broadway in NYC) and he told me that Les Miserables is no longer playing on Broadway anymore...."  I stopped in my dead tracks and was so disappointed.  I said, "Oh NO...now we'll never see it!  What are we going to do....?"  And to my surprise he pulls out two GLORIOUS tickets and says, "Well, I guess we'll just have to go see it tonight....!"  That little stinker had this thing planned for a while and had several people IN ON THE GIG!! 


Could HE BE ANY MORE AMAZING??!!!  I'm one lucky girl!  

We saw the play and it was EVERYTHING I hoped it would be and more.  I nearly lost it when they sang the song "Bring him home"  All I could do was think about Jack.  Here are the lyrics:

sung by VALJEAN

God on high
Hear my prayer
In my need
You have always been there

He is young

He's afraid
Let him rest
Heaven blessed.
Bring him home
Bring him home
Bring him home.


He's like the son I might have known

If God had granted me a son.
The summers die
One by one
How soon they fly
On and on
And I am old
And will be gone.

Bring him peace

Bring him joy
He is young
He is only a boy


You can take

You can give
Let him be
Let him live
If I die, let me die
Let him live
Bring him home
Bring him home
Bring him home.

The play was nothing short of SPECTACULAR in all it's definitions!  I know all the songs by heart and as the play was coming to a close I just kept thinking...NO...Don't END!!!

I love my sweet Coby more than anything in this world.  He has given me more than I could ever give back.   He is my rock, my best friend and I feel forever grateful that he chose ME!!  Love you baby!




***Remember how we parked on the street....well, we got a nice little yellow TICKET on the our windshield***  Good times!!

2 comments:

Melanie B said...

That's awesome!

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

What a sweet sweet hubby! That sounds like it was so amazing. I have wanted to see it but didnt even know it was in town. Hmmm.. Maybe someday :)