Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day Hike

It was such a nice day that we decided to take the boys hiking in the canyon.
It was Cole's first hike and I think he LOVED it!  I know the older 2 could have stayed up there all day!
We've had a hot summer so far, so we were a little warm as the hike started.  Jaden thought he needed to dip his head in the water!  Look at my talented Coby helping him to dunk his head with a baby on his back!  I think Cole was loving the view!
We even got to see a little nature!  A little rattlesnake was curled up on a tree off the trail.  We all got a good look and then decided to leave when Corbin suggested we throw rocks at it to "wake it up so it could come out and play..."  NO THANK YOU...I do NOT want to play with your fangs mr. rattlesnake!
So, down the mountain we went back.
Coby was able to capture this view from the top.  Isn't it gorgeous!!
There were TONS of wild flowers, so we pick a many as we could and brought them back for our sweet Poppy.
This was the first time we've seen Jim's Headstone.  It's so surreal to think that he's gone.  I hate it.  I hate that it's Father's Day and Coby's dad is gone.  I hate that Joanne has to deal with losing her other half for the rest of her life.  It's just not fair.  We miss him.  Oh, how we miss that man.  I hope that he was close today and knows just how much we are aching to see him again.  Happy Father's Day Jim!  

No comments: