Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving with the Burton's

This year for Thanksgiving Day we were on with Coby's family and so we had our Thanksgiving dinner with mine at Chuck-A-Rama the day before.  (Grandpa Burton's idea)

  
It was just as I expected it....very buffet-y.  I couldn't find much that I liked, so I got like 3 plates of salad and maybe 3 more of scones!  They have GREAT scones and cinnamon honey butter!
Here's a shot of Ambie, Grandpa Burton, me and Lanae
Our crazy boys!!   (Austin, Corb (making a very attractive face), Jordon, Kaydin and his twin Jadesy.)
These little boys had fun time playing under the table
Me and little Little and bestie!  Don't know what I'd do without her!

It was so nice to be able to spend time with my family.  I love that we all live so close to each other now.  I certainly wish that my cute sister, Drew and their new little Ronan were here so we could all be together.  That's one thing that always thought I'd have...my Sommy close by.  I sure miss her.  It wasn't Thanksgiving without her.  But I'm so happy that Ambie is here.  My sisters are close and I feel so blessed to say that they are my best friends.  They both take the time to genuinely LOVE my boys.  They drop everything to make me feel happy.  I used to wish for brothers, but now I know just how blessed I was to get the best sisters!  Lanae is another one I consider to be a sister.  She has been there for me through thick and thin.  We've always been close and when I say always, I mean I knew I loved her before I could even say her name correctly!  She is truly one of the most beautiful people I know.  And her outer beauty is NOTHING compared to the beauty she is on the inside.  I sure do love that girl!

It was great to spend a little time with my cute Grandpa Burton.  He's such a trooper.  He's always coming down from Blackfoot to spend time with my parents and Uncle Kent and his wife.  He's the most generous, kind and compassionate person.  I'm sure that my sweet Grandma Burton is living in an ENORMOUS mansion in heaven based on the amount of service and kindness they showed to anyone and everyone that came their way.  I bet her misses her more than words could ever express.  Lanae and I used to spend our Thanksgivings with them when we were roommates in Provo.  Grandma Burton made the BEST pumpkin pies EVER!

I am grateful for such AMAZING parents.  I have the greatest parents EVER.  My mom beyond words one of the most humble, kind, giving and forgiving people I've ever been blessed to know.  She has taught me so much.  She bends over backwards to help me with just about EVERYTHING.  She puts the needs of my dad, sisters, grandchildren and myself and Coby before anything.  She never stops to think about herself and is always serving others.  I hope that one day I'll be half the woman she doesn't have to be!  Then there is my dad...I don't even know where to start with him.  We've always been close and continue to be so to this very day.  He is the most hardworking, loyal, kind and giving person.  Even when he doesn't have something, he'd give the shirt off his back to help.  He is always taking Corbin golfing and wrestling with both the boys.  They certainly love their Poochie and I love it!


No comments: