Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day with the Burtons

 After Christmas morning was over, we got dressed and went to church in my mom and dad's ward. Their ward had a Christmas program and my dad had a part in it.  As usual he memorized the whole thing.  And as usual, it was AWESOME!!  My dad is a GREAT public speaker!
 After church was over we headed back to their house where the boys couldn't WAIT to get their hands on MORE presents!  You'd think that they'd be tired of unwrapping...but don't you worry....they apparently NEVER get tired of it!!  Corb loved his Ninjago DS game from Nana and Mario Kart from Sommy.
 Jaden LOVED this cute little fan soccer ball, along with his talking train accessories.
 There's one of our happy little boys!
 We gave my mom a book of our family throughout 2011.  
But I think this is the face of one happy Poochie!!  We all gave him a Go-Pro.  He's always video taping things and loves to do anything athletic.  For as long as I can remember he's been carrying a video camera around capturing lots of good/embarrassing stuff.  Ask Sommer....once while on a trip we all got sick with the stomach flu.  Amber tried to make it out the window...only she didn't quite make it...so she made a split second decision to just go on poor Sommer's face.  YUCK-OLA!!  But don't you worry, my dad was there to capture the moment!!  :)

It was a pretty low key Christmas at my parent's house this year.  My sister Sommer is living in Washington with her cute new husband and were unable to come out this Christmas.  But I have to say that she is AWESOME when it comes to giving gifts.  She and Drew made my mom, Amber and I a themed gift.  They made this cute glass vase with a red rose in it...EXACTLY like the one in Beauty and the Beast and tickets for the three of us to go and see the play in SLC in March.  SO fun!  The only thing that could make it better is if she were able to come out and join us!  :)

Amber's sweet "Papa" passed away a few days before from a horrible fight with Cancer and she flew back to Michigan to see him one last time.  He was like a second dad to her and will surely be missed.  But when I think about where he is and who he's getting to see, I can't help but smile.  And I think he's the lucky one!  

This was another GREAT Christmas with my side of the family.  I sure do love them and love that we are such a close family. 

2 comments:

Sommer said...

Correction on the story...
Amber was already sick and since we were driving she was lying in the back seat with a bucket. Well I felt sick and tried to aim for the bucket and missed hitting Amber's sweet little face instead. Not such a good thing in the middle of Yellowstone Park.

Sunshine Promises said...

LOVE your new do! You are so, so stunning. What a lovely person you are. Inside and out.