Sunday, October 02, 2011

Fall General Conference 2011

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I am VERY privileged to hear a living Prophet, Apostles and other leaders of the church speak words of wisdom and divine revelation twice a year. 
 Here is a shot of our sweet Prophet, President Monson and his 1st Counselor, Elder Uchtdorf.  I absolutely adore these men for their integrity, the love of the Lord and our brother Jesus Christ and for their incredible testimonies.
 Every Sunday morning session of General Conference we head over to Coby's parent's house for a little Conference breakfast.  Momma Jo did NOT dissapoint!  She made the BEST french toast with all the fixin's!  The french toast tasted like a yummy churro.  To quote Ben, "It was Churrrrific"!
We all eat then watch our sweet prophet and other leaders of the church speak.  The kids start off pretty good.  I.E. Livvy is nicely sitting with her Poppy.
 Honey provides Conference "bingo" for the older kids.
Corbin, Sammi and Mason were GREAT at listening to Conference and even greater at putting their candy corns down on the paper...and in their mouths too!
 The smaller kids were AWESOME at finding things to do....
 I'm not sure...but I think she may be up to something....!
While the rest of us watched and were humbled at the messages received. 
Chance tried his best to stay awake...but he was way too cozy on his beautiful momma to keep his eyes open.
 Pat had a hard previous night with his little Amelia...so I think he was listening with his eyes closed....
 And poor Poppy...he was plum tuckered out!

I have really loved General Conference!  I have loved every talk and every speaker.  Each one wispered words of inspiration to my hungry soul.  I have not always loved General Conference, sadly.  There was a time that I thought of it as a vacation from church twice a year that I got to lounge around in my jammies and sleep in between speakers...and if I'm being honest...during MOST of the speakers. 

But now General Conference means more to me than anything.  Jack died almost 2 weeks before General Conference in the fall of 2008.  I have never longed to hear the words of our Prophet and others more than I did that painful fall.  I felt like the speakers were so inspired by the things they said that entire session.  My heart longed more than anything to hold my sweet baby boy.  My heart was so heavy and I was so weak.  But by the end of the Conference, I felt renewed hope and faith.  I KNEW that I would see my sweet baby again.  I WILL hold him again.  I knew of a surety that we were an eternal family.  And that more than anything I could survive.  I knew it wouldn't be easy and it would be NOTHING I'd choose...but I knew there was purpose in the Lord calling our beautiful, sweet blue eyed baby boy home earlier than Coby and I had planned.

This year I leave humbled at the messages of true and divine inspiration spoken.  I know God lives.  I know He loves me.  I know I'll be with Jack again.  I love this gospel.  I love the spirit that is in my home.  I am thankful and in awe every single day that I have Coby to kiss goodnight each night.  I love my family.  I love the testimony I have gained through going (still going through) such a horrendous trial.  I love Him for loving me enough to cut me back.  The Gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true.  I know it.  I feel it with every breath that I take. I know Jack visits often and I can't begin to tell you how blessed I feel because of that. I may not have the life I planned on initially, but I am happy with the life He has entrusted to me.  I know that through Him, all things are possible.  And that as I try my best, and although I'm FAR from perfect, I know that through HIM I can be made perfect.  And all I have to do is give it my all.   I love Him.  I know He lives and loves me perfectly, is my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments: