Sunday, August 21, 2011

St. George with our little family and Aunt Ambie


I can't believe that the summer has come and gone!  Since we never made it to St. George, we decided to take a little trip down and soak up just a little more sun before school officially started for Corbin.  
It was just our little family and my cute sister Amber.  We had a BLAST...to say the least!


First we went to the Red Cliffs for a family friend hike.  Corb found this huge tree stump and has having fun crawling in and out of it.


There's that cute sister of mine!


We forgot the back pack to hold Jades...so Coby improvised with his STRONG shoulders.  Jaden was one happy camper.


He had sooo much fun exploring little caves and showing us his "finds."



Isn't that GORGEOUS?!!


Jaden wasted NO time getting in.


You can see all the little tadpoles...and I believe he was trying to catch them.  But they were FAST!


Corbin had NO SHAME in skinny dipping at high noon!


And then Jaden found the courage! 


Ambie wanted to do a little more exploring


I was the camera girl this time


Here's our little family after the hike.


Me and my cute sister Ambie or Rhonda as I like to call her!


Isn't she CUTE??!!  She is so cute in those little headbands.  I try to copy her, but can't ever seem to do it justice!


Me and my baby!


Every time we come down to St. George we go to Norm's Old Fashioned Candy store.  The boys were LOVING it!  I was loving my diet coke and licorice taffy!  Coby even found some Dr. Pepper from Ireland.  But at $3 a small bottle...we decided to grab a cheaper coke instead!  :)


Who is that hottie??!!  I'll give you a hint...she's wearing YELLOW!!

Later in the trip we decided to hit another little hike behind the St. George house.  Jaden fell and scrapped his knee and was SO grumpy!  9 pm couldn't come earlier that night!


And there we all are enjoying the St. George warm breeze and wishing time could slow down so we could stay a little longer.


Corb was having a ball, hiking and climbing and just plain exploring every single rock formation he could get his little paws on!


And there he is in his element!

We had a ball!  I love being able to head down to St. George and relax and have a fun time making memories with our little family.  It was a treat to have Amber with us.  I am so happy that she moved here.  My boys are in LOVE with her and can't wait to have her come over.  We miss our Sommy, but we always look forward to her visits with he cute new hubby Drew.  Only a little over a month til she's here!  :)  Yaaaaay!

1 comment:

Sommer said...

It looks like you guys had sooo much fun!!! I am soo jealous!! Drew and I would have loved to come! We went to Seaside, OR and were talking about how much we wished everyone there was with us! We even took surfing lessons! (although I am really sore and beat up!) But soon I will be back and seeing you! I can't wait! I will be there earlier than I thought! It is 9/28 (thur morn) that we fly in!! That is less than four weeks!! Wahoo!!