Monday, January 17, 2011

...but a small moment



“And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good” (D&C 122:7).

“My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
“And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes” (D&C 121:7–8).

2 comments:

Jake and Jessica said...

Tiff-these are great scriptures. I wish sometimes we lived on God's clock, so that our trials seemed but just a small moment. You are an amazing woman. You are doing an awesome job. I know Jack is proud. Keep up the great work. I love ya!

Lanae said...

I LOVE that picture of Jack. He is truly a little angel. Those are great scriptures and I know we've talked about this so many times.. but this life is all but a small moment in the bigger picture. I love you sweetie and thanks for being such an inspiration to everyone around you. You are amazing my dear. XOXOXO, Little