Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Jackie Joo

Happy Birthday my perfect, beautiful blue eyed baby boy!
Today you would be turning 6!!!  
So, we sent you 6 big blue balloons, all the way to heaven. 
We sent you little love notes.
Your brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents were all there.  


I hope you got mine and daddy's special note we sent.  I know it was a little long...but believe me...I could have written much more if there was room!
It looks like you wanted to come to your party and brought the sun with you!  You always were my little sunshine.  Always so happy.  Oh...how I miss you!
There they go....straight to heaven!
We all wore blue...just for you!
Here we are...missing you!  It's been kind of a dark and dreary day today.  The sun didn't want to shine and I thought for sure that it would downpour on us tonight.  We couldn't go to the grave site to send off your balloons this time because the sprinklers DRENCHED us!  I guess it was your way of letting us know that you were close and that you still have that mischievous little side still!  
Wishing you were here to blow out your candles.  Cole is luckiest of all because he's seen you most recently.  I wish he could talk and tell us all the things you been up too.  I know you are busy "doing a great work" as you like to say and that you are with our dear Poppy.  You were right, "They didn't waste much time putting him to work alongside you."  But I'm happy you are together.  If you both have to be gone...it makes it a little easier knowing that you are working side by side to ensure the safe return of each person in our family.
I have to say that I absolutely HATE that you are gone.  I hate the fact that it's been almost 5 years since I held you and kissed your sweet chubby cheeks, or you threw your head back laughing.  I miss you sweetheart.  I miss you so much that as I write this, my heart is breaking all over again. I try to stay busy and not think about what's missing...but it's always there lingering in the back of my mind.  I look at Cole and I see your eyes.  He's chubby like you too.  He loves me like you did.  It's not fair Jack.  You should be here.  Why were you chosen to leave so soon?  I hate every single thing about you being gone.  But I'm so happy that I got the chance to love you.  I am glad that I was able to have you for 16 beautiful months.  You were my sunshine! 
I know we'll be together again.  Take care of Poppy and Grandma Burton.  We miss you baby!

No comments: