Sunday, October 26, 2014

St. George Fall Break

Since the boys are off for a couple weeks for Track, Coby and I decided to make the most of it and plan a trip down to St. George for a few days of fun in the sun before it gets too chilly.\
Sunday after church and a ever critical "Sunday" nap, we headed out on a hike in Snow Canyon.  It was SUPER fun! 
  At the end of the trail was a HUGE Rock wall.  The boys couldn't help themselves and HAD to climb up and leap off!  So, Coby didn't waste much time busting out the camera to capture the essence "boy" as they jumped.
 He had a cool app on his phone that allowed him to film it in part in slow motion.
 Can you tell how thrilled they were to watch themselves over and over again....everything's cooler in slow motion "don't ya know"?!!!  (that last part is said in my best Minnesota accent)
The next day Corb and Coby headed out on a Bike ride...
 ... while I took the other boys down to the park.  Cole refused to go down the slide by himself....so, here I am..being "FUN"!
 There's my happy boy...for the moment!
 
The next day we headed down to Main street to hit Judd's old time candy store and the children's museum.  Judd's was fun, even though Corb and Jades kept wanting candy cigarettes...(a little something they learned from their Honey :)    
The museum ended up being closed, so we made the most of it and let the boys play in the fountain.  Cole was loving this fireman hose!
Even Coby took off his shoes and joined in all the water fun!

Later that day before we headed to dinner, we thought we'd take just one more family hike.  It was pretty cool since we could look down on the entire valley.
These boys are CRAZY and want to climb and jump off EVERYTHING!
Here is one of the ledges they all insisted on peering over!  I'm pretty sure I may have been a little paranoid...but it was a steep and complete DROP OFF!  
Cole wanted to do EVERYTHING that his brothers did!  Which made it all the more nerve racking!!!
Sometimes, he was a little defiant and quite insistent....so, we let him do his thing.  Until he realized he was STUCK!  
Speaking of stuck....check out these crazy boys!

The next day we said goodbye to sunny St. George and headed home for another adventure!
And so, we drove 4 hours to Salt Lake and then another one to Ogden to get our "thrill" on at the I-FLY skydiving simulator!  The boys had all been, and kept trying to tell me what to do and not do!  It was pretty cute  I loved when Jaden's crazy mullet hair starting sticking straight up out of the little holes on his helmet!  These boys are naturals...and it's a good thing they don't take after me!  ;)
After a little Costa Vida, we got in our swimsuits and hopped on the flow rider (surfing/body boarding).  
Jaden was a master at boogie boarding!  He was so light, that he just flew across the waves.  Coby was a PRO at surfing!  Corb was almost as good and always willing to try!  I tried to surf ONCE...then after I fell on my CHIN, tweeked my neck...I was ready to get into a warm shower and call it a night!

This has seriously been SUCH a fun little trip with our little family.  I LOVE how much Coby loves us and shows us we are the most important things in his life!  :)  

No comments: