Thursday, February 20, 2014

Gold and Blue Banquet

I can't believe that Corb is big enough to be a cub scout!!!  It's official...he's now a Wolf...and I'm the den mother!  CRAZY!  I'm not sure I'm the right gal for the job...but I guess you don't really get to pick your favorite callings in church.  My cute mother in law says that it's "my duty" (since I am currently the mother to all boys).  Speaking of "duty", the cub scout promise talks about "doing my duty...".  It is all I can do not to laugh as I look at Corbin ready to bust out laughing and seeing if anyone else noticed that they said the word "duty".  BOYS!!!  I didn't have an official boy scouts shirt and since I REFUSE...let me repeat that....REFUSE to purchase such an UGLY, not to mention EXPENSIVE shirt...I'll improvise with a navy dress, a mustard cardigan and a fun belt.  Hey my boots are leather...and that's kind of boy scouty right?!!  
Well, it'll be an adventure...but I'm ready to give it a go!  If not else comes from this, at least I'll get to spend a little more time with Corbin.  I sure love that boy and hate that he's growing up so quickly!

No comments: