Thursday, February 06, 2014

A bad day...wait a bad WEEK

Have I mentioned that life with Cole hasn't been particularly easy lately?!! 
I'm trying....I really am! But there is only so much I can take before the woman that woke up hoping to be Mary Poppins all day quickly turns into Cruella Deville!  Today has been INSANE!  I feel like I've been running around with my head cut off.  Corb's been off track for the past 2 weeks.  Jaden thinks HE should be "off track" as well.   Getting him to preschool has been fun let me tell you!  I took Corbin to the dentist today and was informed that he had 5 cavities! 5!!!  Are you freaking kidding me??!!!  It turns out that he only had 4...but don't worry...he had to do a small root canal on one of them!  Good times! Can't wait for that bill!

Today we were supposed to head down to Lehi for the boys to be in a short commercial for Coby's work.  It had already been a LONG day already and Cole wasn't particularly in the best of moods.  I was debating cancelling.  I didn't. Instead I went with the WORST attitude!  It was like I was this big black rain cloud bringing GLOOM and DOOM everywhere I went! And it was hard NOT to be affected by it!  After the boys made their debute, we had a little lunch, and I yelled at everyone all the way home to keep Cole awake, we finally made it home.  I put Cole to bed and then had a little breakdown to my mom.  I told her that I was just going to hop on the elliptical and try to get some good endorphins going to hopefully lighten my horrendous attitude.

No sooner had I got the older boys settled, put on my work out clothes, when I saw her white little camry pull up in my driveway.  I watched her fiddling with something and then she stepped out holding a big chocolate candy bar and pretty pink roses.  I was instantly HUMBLED.

She didn't need to do it.  She definitely had every reason to get in her car and NEVER come back after the way I acted today.  But she didn't.  She looked for an opportunity to serve even someone as undeserving as ME!  It changed my attitude and after I had a good cry and told her how sorry I was, I found the courage to appologize to everyone else I'd hurt that day.  Thank goodness they are bigger than me forgive quickly and easily.  
How grateful I am for my mom.  She comes over sometimes daily to help me and spend the day with me. She's one of my best friends and I am so lucky to have been blessed with such an amazing mom!  I love you Mom and hope that I can be half the mom you are to me!

No comments: