Sunday, July 20, 2008

"Why so serious...?"

Last night Coby and I went to see the new Batman movie for part of his on-going birthday. It was AWESOME! It was really really dark, but so good. I kept thinking about Heath Ledger and what a great actor he was. He really threw himself into this roll, maybe too much. I heard that before Heath took this role, Jack Nicholson (the original Joker, who by the way comes across as Bozo the clown compaired to the Joker in this movie) told him not to take this roll because it would really get into his head and make him unable to sleep. Heath died as a result of taking too many sleeping pills. If you see the movie, you could understand how this roll would have really affected him. He's scary...really scary. I still feel awful that he died so young, leaving a behind a daughter. I've watched interviews with him and he seemed like such a down to earth guy. He'll be missed.

2 comments:

Tyson and Marie said...

Oh man I don't know if I will go see it. I get kind of freaked out with movies. I might watch it when it comes out on DVD. That way I can turn it off it becomes too scary! I love the pics of Corbin's b-day party. Happy Birthday!

Janee said...

Yay I get to see this tomorrow! I'm so excited!