Saturday, July 19, 2008

St. George Weekend Getaway

A little smoochie in the RedRock Hills Cliffs

Me hiking

Coby making it look easy

Posted by PicasaCoby's head sticking out of a funky tree
Coby officially turned 30 today. I wanted to make his birthday really something to remember so I decided to plan a surprise party for him. I had all of our closest (well most of them) involved. I planned the party a week BEFORE his birthday. Tried to make Coby believe that we were headed down to St. George for his birthday with stop in Vegas with our friends. I thought I had it UNDER CONTROL. Both our parents were watching the kids, his mom decorated. Things were going GREAT until he figured out that our friends WERE'NT coming down. Wes even went as far as calling him to inquire about the opera that night, in an effort to throw him off. So, I just went on and on about how much fun it was going to be when our friends FINALLY got there. Lance and Vegas...that was going to be a treat for everyone! He let me just keep going on and on...and then I started to feel bad because I knew that weren't actually coming. Then he called me out and asked "How long are you going to keep this up?" And then the jig was up! He told me that he'd known for a some time and that I wasn't a very good liar and that it didn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out...but as long as I was going to keep playing it up, he'd humor me! That stinker! At any rate we made it back to his parents house that Saturday night and he "pretended to be suprised" Oh, well. So much for the surprise. But I did try! We got to see most of our closest friends and so it was all worth it in the end. Coby's mom and sister Marse made the party so pretty and fun! Thanks guys! My sister bought him Rock Band for the Wii and he was thrilled! Thanks Som! Thanks Nana/Poochie and Honey/Poppy for taking care of our monkeys! They had a ball and so did we! We love ya!

No comments: