Sunday, March 30, 2014

Joanne's Birthday Girl's Weekend

Happy Birthday Momma Jo!  You are SO loved!!!  
Look at all those smiling faces ready to "help" you blow out your candles!  
We went to dinner later that week at Little America with just the adults.  It was pretty yummy!  At the end they brought out the most delicious German Chocolate Cake and....I loved it...maybe a little too much!! Nice choice...lady after my own heart!
Then the girls all headed back to Joanne's for a little stay-cation.  We all hopped in the hot tub for a much deserved soak. We did our nails!  And now, I think I'm hooked....I may have to buy all the shellac stuff!  Thanks ALOT Marse and Whitney!! Then we settled in and watched an old classic with Rock Hudson.  It was so funny!  I love old movies!  
The next day we woke up and went to the MDA walk in honor of Jim.  Joanne was able to rally the troops and raise almost $3000 for the cause!  I sure wished there was a cure.  
After the walk we headed back to Joanne's, freshened up and then headed to Cafe Rio.  I love their Saturday shrimp tacos.  YUMMO!  Then it was off to get our toes beautified so we could do a little feet flirtin'!  My pedi was super short...but I got to stay in the chair and get a great little back rub!  It was so nice to just sit there chatting together and relaxing while the Bok Toks (as Joanne so cutely says) magically made our feet so pretty!  Marse had a little issue trying to get her skinny jeans to roll back down!  It was pretty comical!  After the pedis we did a little shopping.  
This weekend was fabulous!  It's always a treat to be with Joanne and my cute sister in laws!  Coby was a super trooper and manned the fort with the boys.  I even came home to a clean house.  I sure love that handsome husband of mine!  Happy Birthday Joanne!  Thanks for letting us be a part of your birthday! I know that Jim was there and wished that he could give you a birthday surprise. He told me to tell you "Cordova"??!!  Whatever that means!  :) You are amazing and everyone blessed to be near you can feel your sunshine!  :) 

No comments: