Thursday, January 08, 2009

Washington DC


Just a little squeeze in front of the Lincoln Memorial.



Washington Monument

Jefferson Memorial

Going to all the Jefferson Memorial was really cool. It was so amazing to me that our country was so blessed and most choice because it was reared by god fearing men. It makes me sad to see that so much has changed since those times long ago. Our country is so obsessed with making sure that EVERYTHING is! so politically correct in an attempt to not "offend" someone. I am grateful for the many advancements made by our country...but I wish our morals and values once held sacred by so many didn't have to suffer. Just another sign of the times I guess.


The Hope Diamond.

I tried convincing Coby that I needed this...and got an astounding...absolutely NOT! The NERVE!!!!

Dorothy's Ruby Red Slippers!


Oscar the Grouch
Coby seems to think that I found my "twin" in this picture!!



The Capital Building at night.


About 6 weeks ago...(I know I'm a little behind) Coby took me on a trip to Washington DC. It was sooo awesome. He was there on business. Washington DC is truly amazing. It's almost overwheming at the amount of history that is there. I wished that we could have spend as much time as we wanted exploring all of the MANY museums there. We went to the Air and Space Museum, National Gallery of Art. I wished I would have taken a picture of this, but there was this really disturbing painting of this man about to be eaten by a shark. Creepy! Then we went to the Musem of Natural History, American Heritage Museum, the Holocaust Museum. The Holocaust was truly awesome. Somewhat of a downer but very very well done. It was so organized. Oh, how I wished I could have stayed longer. Best of all, everything was FREE!!!! I love to spend a week or so there and really take in all the sights. It was amazing. Thanks baby!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Well make that triplets because sometimes I am more Oscar the Grouch than me! LOVE YOU!!!!

Lisa said...

Your pics of the Monument and Capitol are AMAZING....they look like postcards. I have lived in the DC area my entire life and your post reminded me of all the wonderful things I have within a 30 minute drive. Sometimes when you live so close, you take it for granted.

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

sounds like you had a blast! I think it's time for a vacation for me! I've been to the Holocaust Museum... It was, well a lot of emotions for me. By the end I was actually sick to my stomach. It was nice to get some fresh air and see the sun again!

Posh Ideas said...

Wow I've always wanted to see DC. It looks like you had a fun weekend. Let's get together soon.

abbyandcompany said...

"Somewhat of a downer?" Well, it is the holocaust, after all! Still, the museum is done amazingly well and informative.

So jealous, this is my all time favorite city in the US. The Jefferson monument at night looking over the potomac...breathtaking!

I miss you. and have you read that blog i sent you? You need to chuckle today.

soften said...

Hi Tiffany,

I didn't know how to get in touch with you, but just wanted to make sure you knew we were getting together on Friday the 16th at 7:00. Hope you can make it!

Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. You and Coby are so cute! I'm going to call you Oscar from now on. :)
I'm glad Coby takes good care of you guys and you have a 'rock' in your life. Luckily you are just as strong which is what is helping you along.

Megan said...

I love the pictures of your trip! So fun and interesting. I went to Washington DC once when I was 5 but I don't remember hardly anything. I'd love to go back!