Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our little Jackie


On Tuesday, September 23 our most precious baby Jackson was called home to our Heavenly Father. He was 1 year, 4 months and 3 days old. Though kind neighbors and paramedics worked for over 50 agonizing minutes to bring our baby back it was only for a few hours. They were able to get his heart pumping again, but his little lungs were too saturated to be saved. One good thing was able to come of this. Jack had a strong heart in more ways than one. We felt impressed to have his valves donated to help save someone else's little angel. If we could save one mom and dad from standing in front of a little white casket asking the Lord "why? Why OUR baby?", then it would be worth it. We were told that Jack is helping to save not one but four little babies born to damaged hearts.

He was our pride and joy (along with Corbin) and we will miss him more than words can describe. He was our sunshine, our ray of sunshine. Those eyes, that smile. Oh we will sure miss him. It will be the hardest thing Coby and I will have to do we pray. But feel so peace knowing KNOWING that we will see him again. KNOWING that through a loving Heavenly Father we'll have the opportunity to raise him again. We WILL see him again and with that knowledge while it doesn't take an ounce of the horrible indescribable pain away, gives us hope. So many people have offered their time, donations, flowers, testimonies and sweet condolances and we thank you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

We wanted to begin writing down as many things as possible about our precious little angel as we remember them because I don't ever want to forget them. They are in NO order, just as they come to our minds. So if you wouldn't mind please send us your memories of our little Jackie. Thank you. Thank you.




I love that I could bite his neck and how he would laugh so hard. I loved biting his hands and feet too. I loved when he would see people and get a little shy while I was holding him he'd throw his whole body backwards because we were "dipping". He loved to play the game we named, "dip" where we'd just dip him back and forth and he'd laugh and laugh.

I loved that he liked to help me clean. He loved to push the vacuum and especially push the button on the swifter around the kitchen. If he had a rag in front of him, he'd pretend to be wiping something from side to side. One time some of Corbin's sippy cup was leaking out by the back sliding glass door and he went to the stove, pulled towel down and started wiping up the milk. He was so smart. He knew the sign for "more" and he did it so sweetly. I can still picture his little hands squinshed up together moving back and forth. He waved so sweetly from side to side instead of up and down. He liked to have us put his shoes on his feet, and waited patiently while we did it. He had quite the obsession with his little weiner! His hands were connected. I can still see him now, with one hand down his diaper and the other sucking on his empty bottle. He loved that bottle too. He loved fruit snacks and would not eat them one at at time, but felt the need to eat the ALL at the same time. It was never a problem for him to eat his gummy vitamins. We loved to tickle under his arms. The laugh was so wonderful and just music to our ears. We'd pin him down and tell him that we thought we found a "bee" and then just buzz under each arm. It was so fun and he loved it. He was just starting to say Mama. He had "da da" DOWN! I tried so hard to get him to say "mama" because I just asumed that since he used to prefer me to anyone else, it would be easiest. He said it over and over days before he returned to his heavenly home. It was shear music to my ears. I can still hear it and I wish we had it recorded somewhere. Of all the people though, Corbin was probably the one he most wanted to be around. He followed Corbin everywhere and tried to do everything that his big brother was doing.

The day before he died we were in the backyard and he spotted a yellow dandelion. I said, "Jackie, do you see the flower, the yellow flower?" and Jackie looked around and then saw it and walked right over to it, where he picked it and looked up so sweetly with those gorgeous blue eyes and handed it to me. As if to say, "here mom, I picked this just for you." He was so sweet.

He loved to play in the toilet. It was quite the problem, but I think he liked that we washed his hands afterwards and maybe that's why he always wanted to do it. He loved to turn the water faucets on and off. It was hard to pull him away from the sink because he was so fast. I loved when Jack would see anyone sleeping he would just laugh his grunty little laugh and almost run over to where whoever was sleeping and slap them on the back and just laugh and laugh. He was so excited to see us after any kind of nap. On the day he returned Home we were taking a walk in the morning. It was getting close to his 10am nap and I looked down and he looked like he was on the verge of sleeping. I peeked my head in closer and he just looked up at me. And the way he looked at me was so sweet. I remember thinking, "I love this boy so much. He's so beautiful. He's just so beautiful. His eyes..." I just can't describe the absolute amount of love I felt at that exact moment. He looked at me as if he were saying, "I love mom, I really love you." And I felt it so strongly. I felt like he was speaking to my soul. Then I tickled his neck and he laughed that sweet little giggle and kept looking up at me to tickle him more. Which of course I did because I could never get enough of that. He loved eating fruity cheerios. If he was sitting in his chair hooked to the table, as of recently he didn't want me to feed him any longer. But as long as he had fork he loved eating his dinner. He loved chicken nuggets. No matter how sad he was in his crib, as soon as one of us walked into the room he would just light up instantly and laugh. He really loved sipping anything out of a straw, be it coke, a slurpy. The last few weeks if Coby was sitting on the ground, he would just walk up to Coby and sit in his lap. In fact the last few weeks were so sweet between Jack and Coby. If Jack got hurt, he'd run to find Coby. When Cobe would leave for work jack would run to the back door and just yell and hit the door because he wanted to go too. A couple of weeks ago we went on a family walk with Jasmine to feed the ducks. On our way home he wanted to hold Jasmine's leash. So we let him and he walked Jasmine or rather held her leash all the way home and was happy because he was helping. He was always so busy. Busy, busy, busy. If we were at Coby's family's house he would always go looking for Marianne. I think he had a little crush on her because no matter where she was, we always knew if we couldn't find Jack...to find Marianne and there he would be. He used to growl like a Bob Cat and Ben nick named him "bob cat". We used to call him "doodle" for the longest time. He had these enormous cheeks that EVERYONE just loved to squeeze. In church, a couple didn't know his name so they nick named him "chunk". His feet were so fat that we never worried about losing either sock because we knew they were literally painted on and definitely wouldn't be falling off. I nursed him for 10 months and he was so good at it. I love the bonding time we were able to share. I didn't want to give up feedings in the middle of the night because it was the time I felt so close to him. I used to bounce up and down when I was holding him and even when I wasn't for that matter. And people used to say that the reason Jack was so chubby was because I wasn't giving him milk...but that my constant bouncing was turning it into straight butter. A few weeks after I was no longer nursing, I wondered if he remembered how to do it, so I decided to see if he would still nurse. So I get all ready, put it up to his mouth and I'll never forget how he looked at me. Keep in mind that he did have about 6 teeth at this time. He looked up at me with this mischevious little grin as if to say..."do you really want me to bite you...." It was really cute, and I never tried again. His last day, Corbin wanted some Soda in the fridge. So, of course Jack wanted some too. Corbin shook the 3 liter and when I went to unscrew the cap, the cap went flying through the air. We all followed the cap to see where it went and we all noticed it at the same time and we ALL just started laughing. Corbin and Jack laughed so hard. It was really funny. Jack used to try on my running shoes and try to walk around. I loved to push the water dispenser button down and just let the water escape the cooler. And he look at us and laugh and laugh until we would turn the cooler around and then he'd be a little upset. Coby told me that the Sunday before the accident we were at his family's house for dinner and Coby had gone in to change him. Any time Jack knew that we were chasing him, he'd laugh and try with all his might to run...without bending his knees somehow and turn around and laugh just to see if we were still there after him. Anyway, Cobe went to "get" him and he tripped and rolled onto his back. They were in the sun room and Jack noticed his reflection in the windows above and was so entertained by it. He laughed and laughed at his reflection. Poor Jasmine took the brunt of all kinds of abuse. He loved to poke her in the eyes. And she just put up with it because she knew what the consequences would be. Then he'd laugh and laugh at her. He loved to brush his little teeth with our toothbrushes. The other day he took mine and I hadn't been able to find it around anywhere. Well, I found it...it was in an attachment to the vacuum! Who would have thought to look there??!! When Coby would give him baths, Corbin would be undressed and Jackie would see him getting undressed. So, Jackie would try with all his might to take his clothes off too, but just couldn't quite get it. It was really cute. He just recently learned to crawl up on our bed. It was really cute other day. Cobe walked into our room and there he was, sitting on the bed, leaning against a big pillow, sucking on his empty bottle and just watching TV. Wished we took a picture.

60 comments:

Posh Ideas said...

Tiff,
We love you guys! The funeral yesterday was incredible. Thanks for letting us join in that day to honor your little angel.
xoxo
Amber

Posh Ideas said...

p.s. I will email some memories too.

The Rich's said...

Coby and Tif,
I love reading all of your cute memories of Jack. He is so beautif. I'll send some memories over to you. Thanks for letting Ben, Samantha, Mason and I be a part of your lives. We love you both so much. We will always be here when you need us.
We love you!!!
whitney

Sara said...

Coby and Tiff,
Those are the sweetest pictures. I wish I could have been there, but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

Coby and Tiff,

We love you guys so much! What a special little boy you must have that all he needed to do was come to earth to get a body. Talk about him everyday. Don't let a day go by that you don't remember what a wonderful little boy you have!

Love you guys,
The Schroeds

Kim said...

Tiff,
The pictures of Jack are beautiful. I wish so badly that I could of been there with you yesterday. I thought of you all day. My heart aches. I just love you so much! Shorty I will be back in Utah and I can't wait to spend time with you. You are in my prayers.

Lanae said...

Hey cute little girl,
I loved seeing you today. You and the whole Burton Bunch. Bob is just funny, no matter what's going on. I loved your stories of Jack, I had to just laugh when I read your post because I can just see every minute of little Jack, his darling, contagious laugh. I just love that laugh and those captivating blue eyes. We sure miss that little boy. Jordan was very sad to leave; he wants Corbin to feed the ducks with him soon. I hope we can do that again.. very, very soon. I love you so much; I wish I could just take all of your heartache away and put it all on me for a while, and just let your heart rest. I'll see you tomorrow. Love you girl!!!
Little

Anonymous said...

Tiff,
I began reading your post with tears flowing down my face and finished with a great big smile. Thank you so much for sharing your great memories of Jack. What a sweet little angel.
The funeral was so wonderful...with a chorus of sniffles as well as a little bit of laughter. You are surrounded by such wonderful people.
I think about you constantly.
-Camille

The Mendez Family said...

I don't remember the last time I shed so many tears. I didn't know sweet little Jack, but now I feel like I did. I'm so impressed by the grace with which you've handled this tragedy. Camille and Brett love you guys and I hope you know you can always lean on them for support.

Warm wishes to you guys during this difficult time.

Sincerely,
Amanda (Camille's sister)

Jessie said...

Tiffany,

I don't know you personally, but my husband works with your father-in-law. I heard the story about little jack's passing, and as another mother, i wept with you. I'm sorry for your loss but grateful for your example of faith and hope during this time. Your little angel is adorable, and I'm sure he's cheering you and your family on from the other side.

Love,
Jessie Pond

Jennilynn said...

I don't know you personally, I am Amber's sister-in-law, and when Nick and I heard of this our heart's ached for you and your family. Just from the pictures and your memories of your cute little boy I can tell he is such an angel. You and your family are in Nick and my thoughts and prayers.
With Love,
Jennilynn and Nick Balli

Ang said...

What wonderful memories of Jack. We love you guys!

margaret said...

Coby and Tiff,

What wonderful memories -- thank you for sharing them. The funeral was so comforting for me - I hope you also found some comfort. Thank you so much for letting us help and be a part of it. You are in my thoughts and prayers. We love you!

XOXO Marg

Melanie Bingham said...

Coby and Tiff
To quote from an earlier comment on your fitness blog 'You both Rock the House' That may seem too light hearted but what I mean is that I was so impressed with Coby's talk...when he related the story of being in the temple I thought to myself, am I standing in Holy Places? And Tiff your blogging is wonderful! Hopefully it will help in your heaing process, but you can already tell you will give hope, and little Jackie's light will effect sooo many people. So blog, blog, blog you are inspirational! (ps blog even on the days you don't feel inspirational. You are in our prayers...even in our kids prayers without me reminding them. Let those prayers sustain you. We love you so much.
Melanie

Amanda said...

These stories just prove that you were the best mom. You took time with Jack. You played with him. You really enjoyed him. That is why I have always looked up to you as a mother. The best part about the pictures of you kissing him was that there were real. You didn't evan know I was taking them. It was a moment that I am sure you shared with Jack many times. Jack had a great sprit and that was why he IS YOURS. I love you two so much and I loved Jackie so much too! I am glad I got to share his wonderful sprit. And I will always remember and love his spiky hair it was definitely a trade mark of his. The sevice was beautiful a real tribute to the sweet baby boy he was. I love you Tiff.

The Gooch Fam said...

Coby & Tiffany,

Many wonder what can be said, or what can be done- the only thing we can think of is to tell you how much we care for, and admire you individually and as a family. You are truly an example to us all. We were talking together about how fun it has been over the past few months to watch the two of you chase Jack around the halls on Sunday during Sunday School and after the meetings. He is an energetic little boy, and it isn't hard to think that his little body just kept him from accomplish all that he wanted to do. I am sure that his energy will be welcomed in the work of the Gospel now. We love you both, and pray that the Spirit will abide with you in this time of need. Please, let us know what we may do for you when the time comes. - The Gooches

McGinnis Family said...

We wish we could've been at the funeral to support you and your sweet family! Please know our thoughts have been about you continuously and will continue to be for some time. We're praying for you and please know that we are praying for you always! I love your little memories of Jack! So sweet and so vivid! You are an amazing Mom and DON'T FORGET THAT!

Brittany said...

Coby and Tiff,
I just wanted to tell you that the funeral was amazing and I am so grateful to have been there. What an amazing spiritual experience. Beautiful music and incredible talks. This post is helping us all who are hurting for you. There is so much joy in your writing about Jack and it is healing for us all. We love you and pray for you.

Clayton said...

Thank you for the memories. Your family is incredible. Lisa and I feel so blessed to know you guys. I am so grateful to have a Heavenly Father and for the knowledge that relationships are eternal. You are continually in our prayers.
Clayton & Lisa

Tyson and Marie said...

Tiff,

What special memories. It is fun to read all of those things and get to know him even better. He was such a special boy. The funeral was so good and had such a great spirit there. We love you!

Andee said...

We are friends of the Rich family. I am also mother of a 14 month old. I just wanted to let you know I've thought of you so often and cried for you. I am so deeply touched by your strength and testimony. I will never forget it. My sister told me the words of Coby's testimony at the funeral and when I repeat them to my family I can't get through it without crying. It has touched me more than I can describe. You have taught me so much about Heavenly Father's love and the hope He gives us. You are in our prayers.

Whitney said...

I am a friend of Holly Laub's and she had called me when this happened. I am so sorry for your loss. As a mother of three small children I have kept you in my prayers throughout the past week. Sounds like he was a delightful little guy who will be missed dearly. How lucky we are for the gospel and the knowledge it brings us. May the peace of the gospel continue to lift you in this difficult time.
Sincerely,
Whitney Hasler

Fisher Family said...

You don't know me but I am very deeply sorry about your loss. I can't imagine going through this. I think I know somebody that can help when you don't think you can go on for another second. Please check out her website. She even has a blog exclusively for women who have lost a child. www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com

She is an incredible woman who through blogging about the death of her infant has been able to help so many others.

May God bless you and your family and may you find rest in him during your trial.

Julianne said...

I grew up in the Rich's ward. We just want you to know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. May the Lord bless you with peace and comfort.
Julianne (Jorgensen) Sperry

Mimi's Toes said...

I feel like I knew your little Jackie by reading about his beautiful little life. You and your husband sound like amazing parents. I am so saddened by your loss and found you thru Stephanie at a daily scoop. Please know that I am sending prayers of strength and peace to you and your family. How wonderful that your precious little angel gave life to other children. Jack will live on thru them.

{Brittany} said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories of Jack. Your memories and thoughts of Jack's life are so sweet! You have constantly been in my thoughts and prayers. Our family will continue to pray for your family. I hope you will feel peace, comfort and the love and prayers of everyone around you.

-Brittany

Kate said...

I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. I am Katy's sister-in-law and have met you guys a few times and I do remember what a sweet little boy he was. You guys are in our prayers.

Emily K said...

Tiffany,
I just wanted to let you know how sorry that I am for your loss. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do.
The one memory that I do have is how you would carry him around so close to you in your little moby or carrier. I thought that was such a cool and bonding thing that you did with him.
Much love, Emily

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

Coby and Tiff-

What a beautiful funeral service if was on saturday. We've been thinking of you guys all week and you've been in our prayers. We can't comprehend what you're going through but we know you love your son's as much as we love ours and if anything were to happen to Judd we would be totally lost. You two are so strong and have so much faith and we know you will get through this hard time. Hang in there. We love you so much, give Corbin our love too!

Holly said...

Hi Tiff,
You are such an amazing woman. You were the first person to really reach out to me in the ward. I remember that night you calling me up and saying..."you don't know me but I think we should be friends". :) I will never forget the warmth that came over my heart when you made that call. What a wonderful woman, mother and friend you are and the Lord knows your strength and courage. Jack's light has and will shine thru you and your christlike love for others. I hope thru this time and beyond I can return the love that you so willingly gave to me.
Much love,
-Holly

Hollie Wood said...

Coby and Tiffany~
My name is Hollie and I left a message on your networking blog yesterday. My daughter, Alexis, is best friends with Jake Bergeson, your cousin. My sister, Kare Weir, is also in your ward. (small world)
Thank you for sharing your memories of Jack. Tears streamed while I read your post. I was touched to learn that you donated his heart valves. How selfless and caring at such a tragic time. I have thought of you and your family daily since reading Mindy's post last Tuesday. I continue to pray for you and for your family and also keep you in my thoughts.

Katy said...

Coby and Tiff,
I will email you some memories of Jack.
The funeral was amazing! You should incredible strength. I can't even begen to image what you are going through. We sure do love you guys and are here for you.

Linda P said...

Tiff & Cobe,
I loved reading about some of your random memories of baby Jack. I've been thinking about you guys all day and praying that each day brings a little more peace and comfort. May the Lord bless you and keep you in His loving embrace...Love ya, Aunt Linda

Max Fam said...

Coby & Tiffany,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We so admire your example of strength and your testimony of the gospel, even during this hard time. What a beautiful boy.

Matt & Heidi (Broadwater) Maxfield

Bergeson Family said...

Hey Coby and Tiffany,

We sure love you guys! The funnest thing we all remember about Jack is his "ever ready bunny" energy. He was always on the move! Oh, and those beautiful eyes...he will always be in our hearts!

Amy said...

Hi Tiffany,
I only met little Jackson a couple times, but he was adorable. It was so cute to see his parents, grandparents, and aunts constantly adoring him. He is so lucky to have such an awesome family that loves him so dearly. I wish I could say or do something to soften the pain, but I can't begin to understand what you're going through. You are such a light to everyone that knows you, and you'll be able to bless so many people because of this experience. That's so amazing that Jackson's heart saved four other babies! I've been thinking about you a lot this week and I know we're all praying for your sweet family.

Love,
Amy

Nicole M said...

Those are the most beautiful pictures. I'll never forget little sweet and content Jack. I remember when we were in bear lake this summer, he would quietly play and have mud all over him from the lake...made me laugh. I also remember how much he loved to be in your arms...closely wrapped up in your sling. What an amazing little baby and we will always have you in our prayers. We love you guys so much.

Caralee said...

Just wanted to let you know we are still thinking and praying for you. Thank you for sharing your beautiful memories. I'm sure you have touched so many lives for the better, whom you may never even know. You've definitely changed mine.
Love,
Caralee

Holly and Robert said...

Rich's,
My prayers and thoughts are with you. I was shocked when I read Amanda's blog. Remember to lean on one another and your Heavenly Father! What a great day when you will get to see those amazing eyes again!
Holly(Amanda's Friend)

McKenna's page said...

I am a friend of Wes and Mandy and your tragedy has touched me. I feel for your family and want you to know that you are in our prayers. I have a daughter who is 21 months and can not imagine the pain you are in. I am wishing you all the best.

Heather said...

I just want to send another hug out to you. It is obvious there are many people around you who love you and will help carry you through this. I don't know you, but you have been in my thoughts and prayers for the past week since I learned of your tragedy. I'm a friend of Amanda and Wes. I can't stop crying when I think of your loss and your beautiful little Jack - especially since my baby is about the same age. But it is amazing to see your incredible faith and testimony. Reading this post has inspired me to be a better mom and pay more attention to the simple joys that life brings.

Jessica said...

Hi Tiffany. I found your blog through A Daily Scoop and took a peek. My dear friend (Brittany Kunz--I think she's part of your Angels Among Us blog)also lost her one-year-old in June and I have witnessed the heartbreak of losing one so dear. I will add you to my list of those I am praying for. There seems to be a lot of moms in your position right now and I cry for each of you. I know the Savior is caring for your sweet angel and for your family as you grieve his loss. While it is probably difficult to see now I know you will arrive at a day when you know the Savior has made your burdens lighter and comforted you like no one else is capable of. I wish you comfort at this terrible time and will pray for you.

me said...

tiff
i found your blog on the daily scoop, i wish no one would ever feel the pain of losing a child. you are in our prayers and thought.
p,s when our justin died writing in my journal helped me.

Mindy said...

Tiffany: I found your blog from Stephanie's. There are no words that are sufficient to ease the pain of your loss. I just want you to know that my heart goes out to you and your family. Jack was a gorgeous little boy. My prayers will be with you.

Shawna Wilson said...

I always read Stephanie's blog and saw her post referring to you. After reading about your sweet little boy I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I can't even imagine the grief and pain you are going through right now. I started reading Stephanie's blog about 2 weeks after her daughter's accident and it's amazing to see what an impact she has made with so many people world wide. It's a testimony builder to me to see just how missionary work can be done through such a difficult trial. I have a little girl who is 17 months old and after reading your blog this morning, I went into her room after she woke up and gave her a big squeeze and said a little prayer for you. I hope you will feel the prayers of others and have some of your sorrow lifted. Lots of love and support from a fellow blogger...

Love,
Shawna Wilson

Mama Mimi said...

I am so so so sorry for you loss. I simply cannot imagine what you and your family are experiencing right now and I won't even try to. Just know that there are strangers who are thinking of you with prayers in their hearts. I am so sorry.

vocalise said...

"So we came . . . & we stood side by side until we made a bridge to dry land . . ." (Brian Andreas)

I don't know you. But, I am thinking of you. God bless.

Oreste said...

Hello Tiffany. A salute from Rome. Ciao

andreamichelle said...

I don't know you, but I'm sorry about your little boy. It makes me hurt.

Amy Marble said...

I don't know you or your family either, but I have shed many tears on your behalf. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Your little boy has the sweetest little face - I love the pictures you posted with all of your memories! I can't stop thinking about your story. I will keep your family in my prayers, and hope that each of you can find some comfort from our Heavenly Father in the days ahead.

betsy b said...

Coby and Tiff,
I bet more people have been checking your blog than you would have expected. I live in Joanne and Jim's ward, on their street. Thanks for the inspirational post. You guys put the funeral together so well. The spirit was so strong. You guys have been really inspiring to me in this past week. I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what it is like to be in your shoes. Your testimonies have been really beneficial for me in my life, so thank you.

Betsy Broadwater

Anonymous said...

Rich family,
I can't imagine the indescribable pain you all must be feeling at this time and my heart truly aches for you. I heard this song some time ago and thought it was very fitting. Our prayers are with you and your family.
http://www.imeem.com/people/tzZRb_g/music/kYdMnkAr/laura_browne_sorenson_i_will_think_of_you/

Kathryn_m said...

I am so very saddned by your tragic loss. Your Jackie has absolutely the most gorgeous BLUE eyes I have ever seen -- bar none. How Christlike of you to have donated his heart values and saved 4 other families from your heartache.

May Heavenly Father continue to cradle you in the palms of His hands and comfort & carry you in the difficult days ahead.

Hang tight to all your precious memories - they are God's scrapbook to us.

Love & prayers from across the miles.

Tara Bennett said...

Oh you beautiful boy.... I pray for you and I'm glad you're in touch with Stephanie. I read her blog daily and am constantly uplifted. This experience will refine and beautify your soul. Jack is so lucky to have you as a mom to raise him one day. God bless.

Janee said...

Dear Coby and Tiff,

We wish we could have been there to show our love and support but please know we where there in spirit. We know what great parents you guys are - we've seen it with our own eyes. Thank you for sharing those beautiful memories of your sweet baby boy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love,

The Poussons

Hall Family said...

I just want you to know that, I truly feel of your sorrow, and pain. I lost a little girl in May of this year, and no words can heal the broken heart. You can read about her story on my blog www.hallstory.blogspot.com But I want to tell you somethings that helped me. Time Does Heal, Read Tragedy or Destiny by Pres. Kimball, and Know that Christ does comfort through prayer, others, and if we let him,this trial will become our strength. I am sorry for your loss, this is one trial I wish no one would have to bare. Unfortunately, I am finding there are more and more each day who lose a child. My heart goes out to you and your family. May God Bless, and comfort, Elisa

Busico Family said...

Coby and Tiff,
There is not a day go by that you are not in my thoughts hourly. This is a parents worst nightmare and no words can heal the hole in your hearts - only the divine...with time. Please know how much I loved Jack-Jack and I love you two more. We are all here for you. Your blog is great. I hope that it helps the healing!
xoxo Ann

webbkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
webbkins said...

My name is Amy and I live across the street from your mom. I am truly heartbroken for your loss. I have a two year old girl and often catch myself looking at her the way you looked at Jackson on your walk wondering what I had done to deserve such a beautiful spirit in my life and I don't know how I'd cope without her. I admire your strength and faith and I know that this new 'lil light in your life will be sent with love from your beloved angel that has past. With much sympathy, Amy Webb

MonicaH said...

I know that it's been years now since this post but I have to tell you how much I truly admire your strength. I was actually just checking my blog and decided to click "next blog" and here you were. I started reading through some of your old posts and as I read through this one tears streamed down my face. I have a 16 month old son and I cannot even begin to imagine trying to cope with an event as tragic as yours. I am so amazed at how you were and are still able to find strength to continue living and appreciating your other children (I have a 2 year old daughter too). Holding your marriage and your family together and loving the memories that you have. Still as I write this I am crying out of sadness but also out of guilt for not being as appreciative of my own childrens lives as I know I should. All of those little things that are sometimes frustrating are taken for granted during hectic days with 2 toddlers and I want to thank you for sharing and causing me to shift my perspective on my life and my family. Every so often we need a reality check and this post has just given me mine! Thank you!