Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Happy Birthday my sweet angel

Happy Birthday my sweet little angel!

Today you would have been turning 7!  7??!!!  I can hardly believe it!

I miss those big blue eyes and the especially the way you'd people watch.  You always had such a sweet demeanor.  Always so calm and easy going.  I wonder if you would have been the little peace maker in our crazy house of boys?  Would you have been a bruiser?  I wonder if we would have had more visits to the instacare due to "playing" with your brothers?  One thing is for certain, you are missed EVERY SINGLE DAY!  Not a single day goes by that we don't pray that you'll be close and that we'll feel you nearby.  I'm happy that you can look in on us....I do really wish we could look in on you too!  But, I bet that would probably make it even harder to be without you!  I know that you are busy and that you are "doing a great work" as you say and I'm glad you were valiant enough to accept the call.  It's a good thing I wasn't asked if you should accept...because my answer would have been NO.  Actually, not just NO...but lots of other "choice" words NO!  I know you are working right along side Poppy and that part really brings peace to my heart.  I can't think of a better man for you to be companions with there.  We miss you!  OH, how we miss you baby!

Today has been hard.  It's been hard for both Dad and I.  Maybe it's because you've been so close.  We always know when you're near because our tears seem to flow much more easily.  And don't get me wrong, we LOVE you near.  We hate that you can only pop in every now and then.  Each year dad and I are always amazing that the kindness, love and support show to us on your behalf.  A lot of people wear blue in honor of your bright blue eyes.  A cute neighbor that I don't know very well, brought over this gorgeous blue hydrangea.  I opened the card and cried.  She had no idea how much little act of kindness meant to me.  I felt humbled instantly.  I am thankful for such amazing people that take the time to show us that you mattered, that you still matter and that you are still such a big part of our lives despite not physically being here.  

So, happy birthday my bright blue eyed baby boy!  Hope you know we miss you!  I hope you were able to have a little time off to celebrate.  If you run into Mootz....she'll show you what a good party consists of!  Love you so much Jackie Jew!

No comments: