Friday, November 07, 2008

And there shall be joy...




What a proud proud day it has been thus far this morning and it's only 8:15am!!! I feel like we've been working with Corbin to get potty trained FOREVER! He just refuses!! He doesn't like underwear, so Lanae suggested we get boxer briefs so he could be more like "daddy". When that didn't work, I took him to the store and let him pick out the biggest toy and told him that when he only used the big potty he could have it. That didn't work. Camille kindly let us borrow her "I can go potty" video. I got some great tips, but Corbin could have cared less about applying the info and was more interested in watching it over and over again! I seriously have tried everything from pouring warm water over him to serving him lunch while he watched World World and drank a Diet. Dr. Pepper. What could be better? And STILL, after hours of just sitting on his "little" potty, he'd get up and then go...NOT ON HIS LITTLE POTTY!!!

But Today was a little different. This morning he called up the stairs after Coby and said, "Daddy, I need to go potty." Now normally when he says this we get excited, get his little potty ready and stick him on it...without any luck. But today, today was different. He told Coby he needed to "go" and so Coby got him "situated" and then I heard music...shear music to my ears..."Hon...has he ever pooed on the potty before?" I said,...."Um...NO....DID HE?" and to my wonderous suprise I got a whopping YES!!! With that I ran to the pantry and found his basket of wrapped toys (courtesy of Honey), just as he ran to me and said...."Mom...where's my present...?" It was said so sweetly and I was so proud!!! I told him that he could stay in his Jams all day! :)

So is he potty trained...NO...but it's a start!

On a side note I have to believe that those parents who get the privledge of raising their children in the 2nd coming...there will be NO POTTY TRAINING NECESSARY!!!! It's wishful thinking anyway!

29 comments:

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

that's great! i wouldn't have a clue how to start that process. looks like i'll be coming to you for advice. you know what to do

Erin said...

congrats! i am going through the same thing with my boy. he is finally catching on, but he still has his days! its so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray! I hope the joy continues - best of luck and I'm glad the day started off so well!

Caralee said...

YEA!!! Oh sweet success! I hope the little presents keep him motivated. Good Luck!

Ang said...

Congratulations!!!

{Brittany} said...

Congratulations. That is a HUGE accomplishment. Good luck with the rest of the training process.

Anna-Lisa said...

Hizah!!!! I'm so happy for you all. Have fun in your PJ's Corbin!

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

Good job Corbin! I have to say potty training is one of the most challenging/rewarding moments in parenthood.

Lanae said...

GO CORBIN!! And good job Tiff for your patience and coaching. Every kid has their own timing and you just can't force these things. You're such a cute little mommy and I just think you're the best!
Way to go Corbin!

Scott, Aimee, & Emily said...

Yay for little Corbin!!!! We are still working on the potty training stuff too! Emily goes in her diaper, then says, "Pot-ee". hmmm... good ideas though!

abbyandcompany said...

Hooray for Corbin! I was wondering what a dr. pepper was doing next to his potty.....now I know! The things we do for poops. I think if you read back far enough on my blog you will read all about my PT woes also so I know how you feel. When you have your girls you will see how much easier PT is. Because with girls everything else is much harder!

Oh, I just went as my hot self, you know, RAPUNZEL!

Larsen said...

YEAH FOR POOP IN THE POTTY!!!! That was such a funny and cute story. I loved it.

Posh Ideas said...

Corbin way to go! That is so exciting. Looks like he's got a pretty sweet set up! Let's play again soon :)

me said...

how funny that story is

Katy said...

That is SO exciting, he just had to do it on his own time. Now you will know where every potty is in every store! The presents is a good idea...leave it to Honey!

Amanda said...

I am still laughing. Go Corbin.

Melanie Bingham said...

Cambridg was a piece of cake...Remy(when you're missing a large colon it's a different story) Zoe - everyone told me girls are a breeze when it comes to potty training NOT!!!! She refuses!!!! You give me hope!

Hollie Wood said...

LOL!!! Oh that picture of Corbin is PRICELESS!! Perhaps it's a view of what's to come for him in the next 55 years or so?? HAHAHA! Thanks for sharing and I'll keep my fingers crossed that he'll be excited to want to go on the potty from now on! GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAYAyyy!!! I love the day that things start to be "different":)!

I have always wanted to have an excuse as to why i stay in my Jammies all day long. Now I have it. I'm potty trained. Thanks Tiffany:).

Micah and Jen said...

I found your blog a few weeks ago and have read a lot of your posts. I have greatly enjoyed them...I have cried and laughed and found your writing absolutely amazing. I was at church today and a very sweet lady in my ward got up to bare her testimony. Within one minute I knew exactly who she was talking about....her granddaughter is you! I couldn't believe it. It was like reading about your family all over again. Your grandmother is an amazing woman and I feel so privelaged to know her! I am thankful that I found your blog and am so inspired by your strength, honesty, and devotion to motherhood. You are simply amazing and I want you to know that. Thank you for sharing your family and trials with us in the blogging world....you are truely an inspiration!

Bredy McBred said...

Oh my gosh....I L O V E that picture of him! Only you would let her child in a potty seat ON the living room table! You crack me up! love you

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

exciting! We were almost to that point with lucy before her accident. i was so excited to congratulate her and hug her and shower her with presents. but maybe you are right about the millenium...wouldn't that be wonderful?

i am proud of you. (not only for potty training progress, but the way you are dealing with your grief. you are a woman of great faith...and you are beautiful! inside and out)

The Musings Of Mothers said...

I have been blog stalking for a while and decided to leave a comment. Thank you for sharing your story.. I have been touched so deeply by your words. I am amazed at your strength and spirit.

Linda P said...

Way to go Corbin!
Potty trained kids are wonderful. It's great when they finally "get it", and then don't cry too much when you flush all their hardwork down the drain!!!!

Melanie Bingham said...

ok seriously I am going through blog posting withdrawls...In my totally selfish way I keep checking your blog for a new post to lighten my day, make me cry,or make me laugh. Yep,selfish I know just thinking about me...really still thinking and praying for you and Cobes and Corbin.
xoxo
mel
ps It doesn't help I'm in Wisonsin all week for training, and bored to TEARS! Actually we're in class all day but with internet access! yay access to all my friends that live in my computer.

me said...

I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU TODAY.

Mimi's Toes said...

what a sweet picture. You should pull it out when he brings his first girlfriend home.

Anonymous said...

Although I love the potty/pants down picture, I think it is time for some Disney pics at the top of your blog! :)

jenjen said...

Maybe Corbin could give Hunter and Cooper some pointers now! They ask to come to your house nearly every day- "Where's Corbin??" "Go to Corbin's house?"
Miss you!