Saturday, April 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Point 5K

Coby signed our little family up for a 5K at Thanksgiving Point.
We woke up bright and early and went for a family "run".  If you look closely you can see that Jack was there to run along side us too!  (He's the little sunspot on Coby's shirt)  
I even wore my special "Forget me not" earrings that I wear for every single race.  It's my little way of thinking that Jack is right there with me.  And when it gets hard, I reach up and touch my earrings and I know that he's there cheering me on to the finish line.
There's a sleepy little Colie Poke...with maybe Jack and Poppy too!  At least that's what I'm going to think anyway!

Today's race was fun!  I couldn't believe how hard it was for me.  But I guess when you haven't run in over a year....the 3 miles you know you could easily run in your sleep become a tiny bit harder when you haven't trained at all!  I was SO slow!  Corbin was running backwards to try and talk to me....that's how much faster he was.  He ran the ENTIRE time...and literally ran circles around me!  Poor Coby, he pushed Cole and Jaden in the double jog stroller and occasionally ran/pushed Cole while even running with Jaden who "HAD" to run too!  He's a trooper...and still...I lagged behind!  Hahaha!  I love that we did this little race as a whole family.  I love spending time with them and doing active things.  It felt good being able to do both.  I can't wait for the next race.

No comments: