Saturday, December 13, 2008

Disneyland

I know this is a little late....Sorry!!! But hey, better late than never!!!

Anticipation for the first parade


Cinderella's castle at night

Ben totally tried to make out with me!!! Whitney did NOT approve! :)

Whoops....!!!


Coby's phenomenal co-workers helped talk Cobe into continuing with our trip to Disneyland this year. Originally we had planned it with both our boys. Jack and Corbin had already been twice this year. We even celebrated Jack's 1st birthday there. So, we were having a hard time wanted to go. Randon (coby's hilarious) friend and co-worker suggested that we incorporate Jack in this trip. He suggested that we purchase a brick to be placed in between Disneyland and California Adventure in memory of our Jackie. He took care of everything. He got the brick ordered, got Corbin an awesome Buzz Lightyear toy, got VIP passes to all the parades and even Fantasmic and then got everyone in the office to throw in a little spending money for the trip. When Coby told me...I couldn't believe what an awesome group of people he gets to work with. Thanks Randon for taking care of this! You're the best!


In front of the Monster's Inc. Ride


Joanne...aka Honey had been wanting a turkey leg...so eventually we got one. Corbin, however thought he should be the one holding it and eating it mostly. He was truly a little carnivor and didn't want to share. Sorry guys!


A little picture with Miney, Honey, Sammi, Corb and me.


There's no signifigance to this picture...I just thought it was funny!


How could we pass up a shot in front of Disneyland???!!


At least Coby's looking!!


Just us girls!

We were trying to pump the water.


A little kiss for Poppy...isn't that sweet! He sure does love his Poppy! And I think I can safely say the feeling is quite mutal for Poppy too! :)


This was a shot just before Fantasmic started. What an awesome show! If you ever get the chance to watch it...it's amazing. There are fireworks and fire and even a lazer show on water...so cool! I loved it!!!

Honey and Poopy treated us all to a Character's breakfast. We got to meet a bunch of characters and get an AWESOME meal. I think I gained about 50lbs there because it was sooo good. The omlets...oh my! I've never had an omlet taste so good in all my life. Seriously, they must mix in a little of the "magic" with them because I didn't want to stop eating! :) Thanks Honey and Poppy! We loved it!

Eyore thanked us for "noticin'"



A little squeeze from my girl Miney!


Corbin got to meet Chip too!


And Max was a hoot! I think he may have had a little crush!


And Captain Hook isn't as bad as people think he is! :)



Sammi and Corbin playing in the water at A bug's life in California Adventure.


I think Corbin got a little thirsty!


And had to go back for more!!

Jack was there too...in some form anyway. He would have LOVED playing in the water!

While we were in this fun waterpark I saw a little toe head boy that looked about Jack's age. He was totally having a BALL splashing in the water and getting soaked from head to toe! I made sure that no one was looking and walked up to him and kind of pulled him into my leg to see if he was about Jack's height. He totally was. I walked away, but couldn't take my eyes off of him for a second. Then I realized that this little boy's mom was standing next to us. So I inquired about her little boy. I told her that he was so cute and asked his age. She told me that he just turned 18 months...Jack would have been 18 months too that month. I told her that my Jack was 18 months too and she said..."What did you say his name was?" I told her Jack and she kind of chuckled and said..."Oh, that's my little guy's name too." WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!!!???? I didn't tell her that Jack had passed because I didn't want to break down and make her feel weird, plus she'd probably leave and I couldn't watch her son play anymore. We talked briefly for a few more minutes and then she took of her Jack's shirt because it was really wet. It was about then that I lost it. He was so chubby, with this really blond hair and from the face down looked identical to my Jackie. I had to walk away because it was too hard now to watch him. I had a little breakdown away from everyone. And thought to myself...she's so lucky that she gets to take her Jack home. I just missed him so much. I am glad that was the 0nly time I actually lost it. I am glad that Coby was there. Maybe this was a tender mercy...maybe Jack was trying to say hi in some form. At any rate...it was hard. I know he was there but I wished I could see him. But then again that might even be harder because then I'd want to hold him and kiss him and I don't think I could let him go. Has anyone heard the forcast on the Millenium?? I hope it comes today!

A little leap frog for the Rich boys!


This was a great trip. It was fun to be with Ben and Whitney and Jim and Joanne. Sammi and Corbin had a ball as usual. They are such good buddies and I'm so glad we live close enough that they are able to become such good friends. My parents couldn't make it this year, but we'll plan another trip soon and hopefully Amber will be living here and we can make it a family tradition! :)

A big thanks to everyone who made this trip possible! We had so much fun!

10 comments:

Melanie Bingham said...

Way fun! The little driver so lively and quick is droppins us some disney tix. We leave Thursday any tips and ticks I should know.

Tiffany Mock-Cook said...

Tiff,

So my name is also Tiffany and a couple months ago I heard a little about your story! I can not remember how I heard about it but I am now friends with Bettie Stevenson and she began to talk a little about you the other day and so I decided to read some of your blog and I just want to tell you what a blessing you have been in my life without even knowing me. Disneyland is my favorite place and I take my son there at least two times a year granted I grew up in Southern Cali anyways we just went on Halloween and had a ball. you will have to write on here where the brick for Jack is so I can look for it next time! I know it is weird that I wrote you and I feel like a ridiculous blog stalker but I just thought I would drop you a little note to let you know even those who you do not know are praying for you and your family! Hang in there, I am sure that the millineum is not too far off! You can check out my blog at www.robertandtiffanycook.blogspot.com! I am a photographer so you will see random photos of a lot of different people!
Talk to you later, an unknown friend, Tiffany Cook

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

i'm so glad you posted some pictures! it looks like you had a great time! I'm also so glad that you guys decided to still go. What neat friends you guys have to help coordinate things. We love you guys so much!
ps-love the boys hopping pole thing. When we were in DL a long time ago my dad tried to do that and didn't quite make it over... it was so funny!. That pic made me laugh and think of him.

Lanae said...

Yeah for Disneyland!!
I'm so glad you put some pictures up; looks like you guys had a blast. I'm so sad we missed Disneyland... but I SO want to plan a trip with you guys. I'm thinking... March?
Let's play this week. Love you tons! Little

Anonymous said...

First of all, you're beautiful! Second of all, I'm proud of you for going. Thirdly, you're still in my prayers and always in my thoughts. Sounds cliche, but it is really true. I have cherished my kids a little more each day not just because of you, but for you. Especially Crue. I could go on and on about what exactly i mean by that, but i won't. Fourth, thank you for doing a post. I was getting worried;). Fifthly, tell me more about Randon. Is he scruffy, tall, tan and single??? If so, i think that he is friends with my brother.

janalee said...

It sounds like you had a great adventure there- glad that Jack could be there, in spirit anyway, and I hope your holiday this year will be joyful :)

Amanda said...

looks like you guys had a great trip. I absolutly love the picture of Corbin drinking hte water. What a fun moment to catch. I am so glad you guys decide dto go. I want to go next time!!!!

abbyandcompany said...

gosh dang it all, I totally checked google reader tonight and 7people still got here before me. So annoyed at you other seven stalkers out there. bwah!

I am so glad you could enjoy your family at d-land. I am usually anti-d-land, but you are making me rethink. Coby's coworker? Seriouly, a small round of applause for a great person. We love thoughtful.

You are hot hot hot. Way hotter than minnie. Way hotter.

Pretty sure Jack didn't miss a thing. ily.

Anonymous said...

GREAT pictures. I love the second picture of you and Ben - so funny! And you and Minnie - just darling. Was Corbin really asleep in the group picture at the front of Disneyland?
I'm so glad you guys had a good time. You didn't tell me the brick idea was from great people at Coby's work! You guys are surrounded by so many wonderful people who love you.
I hear Disneyland has the world's best caramel apples :)! Loves!

Anna-Lisa said...

Fun trip, we sure wish we could have gone!