Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Shopping with Corb

We started another new tradition this year...shopping one on one for family gifts with each of the boys.
Corb and I went together.  We left bright and early Saturday morning and set out in search of a delicious breakfast.  He chose McDonalds....I chose Kneaders....He won!  
We went to a few stores and after he figured out that we were shopping for OTHERS and not himself...it went rather quickly.  Which I was kind of sad for.  We had a time constraint due to a basketball game that day.

I had such a blast hanging out with this cute kid one on one.  He's a RIOT!  He's seriously so funny, thoughtful and generous.  He did extra chores around the house to earn more money, gave us all the money he had saved and then thoughtfully picked each person's gift.  It's times like this that I am noticing how quickly he's growing up.  And I begin thinking that it will only be a matter of time before he's gone.  Gone for good because he's all grown up and serving a mission and then getting married.  He makes me so crazy sometimes, but I absolutely ADORE him and am SO grateful that he's here.  That's HE is the big brother.  He's a great big brother...when he's not teasing.  I love him so much that it makes my heart hurt with gratitude.  

No comments: